Sunday, August 3, 2008

Well, that was funny...

Week 2, Run 1: 2.4 miles, 23 minutes, give or take.

As I mentioned, a friend was visiting this weekend. I had planned on waking up at 7:30 and running before he woke up. However, 7:30 became 8:30 and he was already awake, too, so I decided on a quick run, instead.

I normally eat and drink coffee before running, but I just woke up and ran outside. It was my first outdoor run this year, and it was SO HARD. I did 2.4 miles and just that was a major struggle. Usually, with 4 miles, I feel like I'm pushing myself, but I could go on. Not this morning. I was breathing hard the whole time and counting every block.

I'm not sure why this is. I know running outside can be more difficult than a treadmill, but even now I'm exhausted. Am I really that addicted to coffee?

Well, in 2o minutes I'm leaving to bike to work.. maybe I can get in a power nap before then!

No comments: