Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Waaaay behind!

Ugh.

I had promised myself that vacation would not keep me from running. Since my birthday arrived four days into it, Phil gave me a Nike + SportBand-- yay! I had a lot of fun with this, despite it badly needing to be calibrated. I chugged away the first week: two 4 mile runs in Covelo, and two 3.5 mile runs (a little more, maybe) in San Diego. I also started the second week well, because I started the Nike+ training program, which had me do two 3 miles runs. It was after this, at the end of my vacation, that I conked out. And then returning home with jet lag and a nasty three-week-old cough that just won't shake, I still have yet to run.

As of yesterday I had only missed two scheduled runs, according to my training schedule: a 4 miler, and a 5 miler. I was supposed to do 4 miles this morning, but jet lag screwed me again and I woke up too late. I'm free all day tomorrow so hopefully I can do my first run this week tomorrow and at least try to fit i two runs this week!

I shouldn't feel like a lazy bum, but I do!!

1 comment:

EmLit said...

Yeah, you shouldn't feel like a lazy bum (or whatever your terminology was) but we have all had those moments and I understand what you mean. The most important thing is to not dwell on what you have missed and keep moving forward.

Are you training for anything in particular, or just using a general training plan? I was thinking about using one of the nike+ training plans for the marathon but wasn't sure I wanted to trust it ;)